The 2017 Conference has been CANCELLED due to low registration
2017 Annual Conference * April 18-20, 2017 * Louisville, KY
"Bursting Wineskins: Creative Responses to Christ's Changing Church"
The Rev. Gradye Parsons (ret.) - former Stated Clerk, Office of the General Assembly PC(USA). Currently writing a book to address healthy pastors and their Call.
PPCN Board Members will lead workshops.
PPCN Members : Registration and meals $300 + lodging
Non-Members: Registration and meals $350 + lodging
After April 1, 2017, add $30 to your registration fee.
$73.92, single or double occupancy*
*Credit card required to reserve your room at Lawes Lodge on the campus of Louisville Seminary. Call the Seminary (502) 992-0220
2015 Annual Conference * October 25-27 * Kansas City, MO
Presbytery Pastoral Care Network, in partnership with
Synod Of Mid America and
Presbyterian Association of Christian Educators
presents Oasis Regional Christian Education Event
Presbytery Pastoral Care Network & The Synod of the Sun
PPCN 15th Annual National Gathering
October 27 - 30, 2014
First Presbyterian Church, Fort Worth, TX
"Rediscovering the Beloved Community - Overcoming Isolation"
Worship | Workshops | Resources for clergy support
PPCN 14th NATIONAL CONFERENCE
July 31 - August 1, 2013 | Louisville, KY
PPCN 13th National Conference
"Staying Afloat on Stormy Seas: Caring for Clergy in Trying Times"
October 15-18, 2012 ~ St. Simons Island, GA
Compassion Fatigue Prevention and Resiliency
Many forms of ministry today place clergy in the stressful environment of constant care-giving. Symptoms of what is called "compassion fatigue" show up in many areas of church life. Learn pro-active steps in helping ministers remain spiritually, mentally, and physically healthy. Workshops led by leadership from the Presbyterian Disaster Assistance National Response Team. This conference is ideal for Presbytery and Synod Executives and Staff, COM, CPM and anyone concerned about compassion fatigue and developing resiliency in ministry. Conference will be held at Epworth By the Sea Conference Center on beautiful St. Simons Island, Georgia.
Previous Presbytery Pastoral Care Conferences:
- 2013 Conference Brochure "Sabbath and Sabbatical in Challenging Times," July 31-Aug. 1, 2013, Louisville Seminary, Louisville, KY
- 2012 Conference Brochure "Staying Afloat in Stormy Seas: Caring for Clergy in Trying Times," Oct. 15-18, 2012, St. Simons Island, GA
- 2011 Conference Brochure "Caring for Clergy While the Church is Changing," June 29-30, 2011, Indianapolis, IN. Speaker bios.
- 2010 Conference Brochure Supporting Ministry Leaders: "Coaching, Mentoring, Spiritual Direction and More", San Francisco Theological Seminary, San Francisco, CA. October 25-28, 2010.
- 2009 Conference Brochure "The COM's Role in Maintaining Excellence in Ministry", Atlanta, GA at the Big Tent Event. June 11, 2009.
- 2008 Conference Brochure Helping Presbyteries Care for Clergy: "Shifting from Crisis Management to Prevention", Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, Pittsburgh, PA. October 13-16, 2008
- 2007 Conference Brochure "From Surviving to Thriving: Four Key Practices for Clergy Wellness", Louisville Theological Seminary, Louisville, KY. October 8-11, 2007.
- 2006 Conference Brochure "Hurricanes, Earthquakes and Trauma in the Pastorate: Caring for Clergy in Times of Crisis", Columbia Theological Seminary, Atlanta, GA. September 25-28, 2006
- 2005 Conference Brochure "Beyond Pot Shots and Bulls Eyes: Building Healthy Pastor-Parish Relationships through a Mutual Evaluation Process", Princeton Theological Seminary, Princeton, NJ. October 3-6, 2005
- 2004 Conference Brochure "Well, Well, Well: promoting Clergy Wellness in Ministry", San Francisco Theological Seminary, San Francisco, CA. October 25-28, 2004
- "Transforming Presbyteries into Caring Communities - Can a presbytery be a caring place for ministers?", Eckerd College, St. Petersburg, FL. October 20-23, 2003
- "Never Call Them Jerks: Healthy Responses to Difficult Behavior" by the Rev. Dr. Arthur Paul Boers. October 21-24, 2002